Feb 21, 2010

Posted by in Training | 49 Comments

Forefront UAG in 10 minutes

After playing around with Forefront UAG recently for work I thought it would be a good idea to create a quick 10 minute overview / training about how to install the product and setup a very basic publishing portal.

The video actually lasts 17 minutes despite its name as there was quite a lot of information to cram in but I figured no-one would mind! Another thing is that most of the time when I say “portal” I actually mean “trunk” which is the correct UAG term for a collection of published applications (unfortunately you cant “find and replace” in a voice recording that I know of!).

Items covered in the video are:

• Topology
  • Installation
  • Basic HTTPS trunk
  • HTTP redirect trunk

Best viewed full screen

If you have watched any of my series of videos please leave me some feedback below, good or bad it doesnā€™t matter. Just so I know I've not been wasting my spare time! Thank you & enjoy. Also if there is anything in particular you would like covering in more detail drop me a note and I'll see what I can do. Next time I was looking to do a " Forefront TMG in 10 minutes" video.

1. Excellent overview of some of the features of UAG šŸ™‚ I don’t seem to get the time to play with these things myself, so to have a quick rundown of key features presented in this easy to digest video is very useful! Keep up the good work!

2. Great stuff man!!! Not even Microsoft has something like this.

3. Anonymous says:

I’ve seen UAG configuration video nowhere else before….great stuff..

4. ian0x0r says:

Cool video, one thing though (through my own testing) is that you have to specify a FQDN for your trunk name otherwise you cant publish things like Exchange or Sharepoint. But you specified it on the video šŸ™‚

5. Cheers man… you rock !!

6. Awesome video man. Helped me get started!

7. Anonymous says:

WOW! Great Video!!!! I love it and would love to see more!

8. Excellent video! Thank you for taking the time to create a video like this and for sharing it with the community.

9. thanks..Excellent video..do some more

10. Good Job HERE. Your service will save many administrators lots of time. Iā€™m always reading and push or time. When I can review a video presentation, it helps to save configuration time and experimenting.

11. Thanks a lot buddy, that was really helpful!

12. Thanks for putting that together, was a good little intro!

13. Hey,
    just want to say thank you for the great overview about UAG,
    i hope you will do another one and more advanced one.

14. Excellent, it is a great demo to learn from.
    How about having further UAG related videos šŸ™‚ ?

15. Jonathan Levert says:

Excellent, it is a great demo to learn from.

I’m currently installing Forefront UAG in our envirronement.

16. Zeshan Samad Raja says:

Excellent, really awesome video to learn UAG intro.

17. Great video. I am hungry for more.

18. Shahram Javed says:

Hi, i have some problem while installation of Unified Access Gateway,

When i press continue after Memory warning popup than i get a error popup:

“Unified Access Gateway can not installed on Domain Controller”

Can you help me in this issue,

Waiting for your positive response.

Kind Regards,

Shahram Javed

19. Cra5h0verr1de says:

Good video, with 1 question, when setting up the trunk in step 3, you selected to use local Active Directory, however when setting the base DN, the option changed by magic to define domain controllers. Did you need to change to this to set the base DN?

20. jeroen92 says:

Good video! Maked some things clear for me.

21. Very nice video. Thanks for posting it.

22. GeorgGG says:

Thx

Very simple, very encouraging šŸ˜‰

23. Great video, simple and short, but efficient šŸ™‚
    Nice job

24. Infosec Warrior says:

Great job explaining FFUAG. Thanks

25. Santhosh Kumar says:

Very useful video tutorial.

Thanks

26. Wolfgang DForefront Unified Access Gateway says:

Excellent video, perfect to have a short overview on the UAG
    Thanks a lot

27. Pawel/Poland says:

Fantastic video !!! I’m impressed how quick and clear introduction to UAG is it. Thanks a lot !

28. Helo Ben

Excellent work. Any chans to explain other features with UAG?

Thanks

29. Very useful. Enabled me to see and understand it in less than 15 minutes. Thank you!

30. Thanks.
    Informative and good introduction to UAG. Really gives a basic understanding of the product bookmark will be added.

31. Ramanachary says:

Excellent overview of some of the features of UAG.Iā€™m impressed how quick and clear introduction to UAG is it. Thanks a lot !

32. Great video – many thanks for taking the time!

33. Very cool, trying to come up to speed for different ways to publish portions of SharePoint 2010 QUICKLY. This is enough to at least get me started to see if it will work in time for project rollout…. in a couple of weeks!

34. Thank you for taking the time to do this, and for sharing it with the world!

35. Very Quick and explained video,that’s what i was looking for

36. Tanveer Khan says:

Excellent!! A good and quick start point.. Thas=ks for sharing..:-)

37. Great Video ….Thanks for posting this

Thanks
    Zulfi

38. Short, Nice and Informative.

39. Anonymous says:

Very good video. Got lot of information about UAG. Thanks a lot for sharing this.

40. Sanjiv Sharma says:

This is gr8 video.. Thx for putting time and sharing this.

41. Very useful video. Thanks for taking the time to make it. I’m gong to watch it again and set up a test UAG environment.
    Ron

42. happycamper says:

thank you so much for this video it was fantastic go me to install my own Test UAG it really does what is says on the tin.

thank you again.

43. Lazermn03 says:

Nice vid. Almost too quick, but good overview.

44. Great overview video of the process involve and resulting portal. Thanks for putting in the time to create & share it.

45. Wow,

That was the bomb video, mate. Like a perfect day at the beach with the waves just right.

Thanks a lot…

46. Well done. Thanks for the quick and concise rundown of UAG.

47. Excellent overview! Having to give myself a crash course in UAG for work right now and this was a great start.

48. Wow. I learned way more in 17 minutes than I did/would have on technet for the afternoon. No worries that the video ran long. I watched every second. Thank you!

49. Excellent, keep up the good work!